This Privacy Statement applies to the treatment of personally identifiable information submitted by, or otherwise obtained from, you in connection with the associated application (“Reading Arena”) or Website. The Application is provided by HeKu IT GmbH (and may be provided by HeKu IT GmbH on behalf of a HeKu IT GmbH licensor or partner (“Application Partner”). By using or otherwise accessing the Application and the Website, you acknowledge that you accept the practices and policies outlined in this Privacy Statement.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES HEKU IT GMBH COLLECT?
When you interact with our App and Website, we collect information that alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”).
Personal Data You Give Us. When you sign up with Facebook in the app or use the Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including your name, email address, username, profile picture and Facebook friends list.
When you use the Services, you may generate learning data such as learning scores, and progress within a course, which we will collect and store for use in connection with the Services. In addition, we may collect Personal Data disclosed by you on our forums, blogs and our other areas of the Services to which you can post information and materials.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
We receive and store certain types of usage related information whenever you interact with the App and Website. For example, HeKu IT GmbH may automatically receive and record information regarding your computer’s IP address, device information, usage information, Facebook Page fan status, and URLs accessed. We may also collect non-Personal Data, such as your time zone or language.
HOW DOES HEKU IT GMBH USE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
HeKu IT GmbH uses the information described in this Privacy Statement:
1. internally, to analyze, develop and improve its products and services;
2. to authenticate users, provide the Services, process transactions and respond to your requests;
3. as necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- To customise the learning experience and degree of difficulty to our users’ level and needs.
- To better understand how visitors interact with our App and Website and ensure that our App and Website is presented in the most effective manner for you, and as part of our efforts to keep our App and Website, network and information systems secure.
- To conduct analytics to inform our marketing strategy and enable us to enhance and personalise our communications and the experience we offer to our users.
WILL HEKU IT GMBH SHARE ANY OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone.
We may share your Personal Data and other information with certain third parties in the following circumstances:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions your Personal Data may be shared with third-party providers of hosting, email communication and customer support services, analytics, marketing, advertising (including Amazon Web Services and Google, both certified to the Privacy Shield). Following our instructions, these parties may access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties for us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganisation, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law, applicable regulation or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of HeKu IT GmbH, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the Apps, or the public, or (iv) protect HeKu IT GmbH against legal liability.
UPDATE OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION
If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfil your request, we will keep basic anonymised data to prevent further unwanted processing. If you need to change or correct your Personal Data or wish to have it deleted from our systems, you may do so by contacting us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROTECTION OF HEKU IT GMBH AND OTHERS
We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of HeKu IT GmbH, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CONDITIONS OF USE
THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS/WEBSITES
The Application may permit you to link to other applications or websites. Such third party applications/websites are not under HeKu IT GmbH’s control, and such links do not constitute an endorsement by HeKu IT GmbH of those other applications/websites or the services offered through them. The privacy and security practices of such third party applications/websites linked to the Application are not covered by this Privacy Statement, and HeKu IT GmbH is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of such websites.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
HeKu IT GmbH may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. Use of information we collect now is subject to the Privacy Statement in effect at the time such information is used. Users are bound by any changes to the Privacy Statement when he or she uses or otherwise accesses the Application after such changes have been first posted.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy on our Website/Application, please send us a detailed message via Feedback in the app or via email: email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: October 22, 2021